Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rasberry Blueberry Cobbler

This is a fabulous recipe that my husband deemed "awesome". You may think thats not a big deal, but I assure you, my husband is a man of very few words. When he sais something other than "Good", it means something. He consumed 3 helpings and than had the last of it before dinner the next day. When my husband likes something that much, I feel like its a crime to keep the recipe to myself! Plus, its cheap, easy and quick; which are some of my favorite words to apply to a recipe.

Here's what you'll need:

Cobbler Topping:

1 stick salted butter, softened

1 c. sugar

1 c. flour

1 egg, beaten

1 tsp. vanilla
(optional, I put vanilla in the berries, so it really doesn't need it in the cobbler)


Berry Filling:
(Any berries will work for this)

1 pint blueberries

1 cup raspberries

1 heaping tablespoon flour


2/3 cups sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

So dump the berries, sugar, flour and vanilla in your cobbler pan. Mix it up.
(Pre-heat oven to 350)
In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter, add the egg and flour. Mix it until its smooth. Carefully and gently spread it over your berry mixture. I think the easiest way to do this is one spoonful at a time. Your probably gonna need to get your fingers in there.

Bake for about 25 minutes, maybe 30. You want it to be golden brown like this. It smells so good at his point you'll feel slightly intoxicated....

Now just spoon it onto a plate. Make sure you get all the gooey delicious berry juices.... This is so good! SO GOOD! It's a party in your mouth. It's that good.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is my ode to end of season berries. A delicious eatable ode.
 
Bea*

No comments:

Post a Comment