Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Real Women of The World UNITE!


So, I was watching this show called "How to look good naked". It's basically about women of all shapes and sizes learning to love themselves inside and out, not being afraid of whats in the mirror and learning to embrace their uniqueness.

This really struck a chord with me...I mean, how often do I look at myself and say "This is as good as its gonna get!"?. There was a scene in this show where a woman had to look at the pictures of other women from the neck down and judge them. She had to say what she thought of their bodies. She pointed out several features she would like to see on herself. The last picture, she said, if I could look like this, I wouldn't be so hard on myself. Well, you might have guessed by now that this in fact was her own body! It made me relize that maybe our own perseption of our bodies is not completely accurate. Maybe it's time we all united together and helped eachother love ourselves. Maybe it's time we all relized that what makes us different is what makes us beautiful. If we all looked alike, there would be no such thing as beauty!

For me, it is time for a reality check! It is not just my outsides that make me beautiful. It is time for me to be confident. It is time for me to live my life without the fear of what other people might think. It is time for us real women to unite! To stand together for REAL beauty, the kind that is made of confidence.

In case nobodies told you today,  let me be the first to say, you look lovely!
Bea*



No comments:

Post a Comment