Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Diaper Bag Dilemma

As you all know, I am about to become a first time mama. I'm trying not to get swept into the wonderful whirlwind of fantastical baby supplies. Through much work and self control I believe I have succeeded. Except for this one thing...I have this fascination with Diaper Bags. I find this to be a little odd because I only own one purse at a time, and I buy a new one every 3 or 4 years... I thought I would put the same lack of care into a Diaper Bag as I do my handy dandy purse. I was wrong. So, so wrong!

I have shopped at Target, WalMart, Babies R Us, KMart... I found nothing. Either they were sturdy, organized but were ugly, or they were really cute and completely impractical. So, I decided to maybe broaden my horizons a bit (aka my budget). I found an amazing bag, sturdy, practical, reliable, organizational, washable, beautiful, spacious and a whopping $169.00.I think I actually gasped when I was shown the price tag. In fact, since I immediately had to cough, I'm pretty sure it was a very violent gasp.

This brings me to ask myself:  Is it so much to ask that I have the best of both worlds? Since when have woman ever NOT wanted to have practical and affordable matched with attractive and fashionable??? THIS IS NOT A NEW CONCEPT!"  I will step off of my soap box now...

I am still searching for a practical yet attractive diaper bag...so far there are a couple candidates, but I'm still trying to find something that fit's our budget. I will report back to you when and if I find one deserving of our money. Feel free to offer any suggestions you may have, I am very open to any and all wise and knowledgeable council.

Bea~

No comments:

Post a Comment