Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"The Omnivores Dilemma"

Time for a book review! I may or may not have told you this yet, but I am a slight health freak. Not that I don't have some unhealthy recipes, but for the most part, fresh organic fruits, vegetables and meats is something I strive for.

My mother-in-law bought me "The Omnivore's Dilemma" By Michael Pollan as a gift for my birthday. I am nearly finished with it, and I think it is one of the most informative books on modern dietary practices so far. He breaks down whats really in the foods we eat, and what it means for our bodies. Italic

If you are looking for information on how to be truly healthy, this is an amazing book to read. This is not a diet book. There are many questions right now about what true health means. A lot of people are questioning the food that is being forced down our throats. Even more people are wondering if the medical problems we have today are directly related to what we are eating. Well, the answer is, YES! Even those who may think they are eating "good" foods may be surprised at what they find in this book.

Please read this book! I learned SO much, and am SO glad I did. Women tend to feel a huge sense of responsibility to keep their families healthy, and often a strong sense of guilt when they don't know how to do that. Much of the food we consume is no longer made the way it once was. I feel more educated than ever on what to look for when I am purchasing food for my family. Knowing that I'm doing everything I can to keep my husband and I healthy gives me peace of mind.

Bea*

No comments:

Post a Comment