Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Pretzel Chicken


This is a delicious recipe I got from one of my sister-in-law's. At first, I was a little sceptical, I really don't like pretzels. On second bite though, I realized it is quite delicious. There a crunchy delicious spin on Chicken Tenders. Please try them, there delicious. Did I mention there really delicious?

Pretzel Chicken

2 chicken breasts, sliced
3 c. crushed salted pretzels
1 tbs. parsley
1tsp. garlic powder
1tsp. fresh pepper
2 eggs (be sure to use eggs, milk isnt sticky enough to hold the pretzels)
Oil for frying




So, your gonna start by crushing up your favorite pretzels. You can do this with a food processor, but I've found that it usually gets a little too powdery. So I like to smoosh them with a cup in a bowl. Next, your gonna lightly scramble the eggs in a separate bowl. First, dip into the eggs, than dip into the the pretzels. Make sure its really well covered.





Now, set the chicken in a pan of hot oil. I usually keep the heat just under med-hi.




After about 3-5 min flip it over. They should be a deep golden brown.
When there finished just set them on a plate lined with paper towls to soak up excess grease. All thats left now is to eat that crunchy delicious chicken.

I hope you love them! My sister-in-law serves them with steamed new potatoes and spinach. My husbands loves it with a salad and roasted potatoes. My personal favorite is with a spinach salad. The possibilities are endless!

Enjoy!
Bea*

1 comment: