Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Vanilla Bunt Cake w/ Chocolate Fudge Icing


I would like to start this post with a little conversation I had with my husband around 1am this morning. He had been sleeping about 2 hrs at this point. It went a bit like this:
"That was good babe"
"What?"
"That was good"
"What was good?"
" The cake, it was really good"
" Thanks...you know that was like 3 hrs ago right?"
"What...? Oh..."
I was laughing...really hard. I think maybe the recipe was pretty good if my husband was dreaming about it... You see, I had an intense craving for cake last night. Since, the hubs obviously liked it so much, I thought I would share it with you. I'll add a recipe for chocolate buttercream icing later, but I was feeling a bit lazy last night and just used store bought. I hope you like it!

Vanilla Bunt Cake

1/2 c. unsalted butter ( salted works too, just don't add any salt to dry mixture)
1 c. sugar, minus 2 tbs.
2 tbs. light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 tbs vanilla

2 c. cake flour (regular flour works fine, cake flour makes it a bit lighter)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. whole milk (trust me, whole is better :)

Pre-heat 350 degrees.
In separate bowl cream butter and sugar. After mixing add one egg at a time making sure to mix well. Add vanilla. After mixing dry ingredients, slowly add it and the milk to wet mixture, mixing as you go.

In buttered bunt cake pan poor mixture until about 1/2 to 3/4 full. You'll need to bake it for roughly 30 minutes, but keep an eye on it. You don't want it to be brown. As soon as its cooled, slather on as much iceing as your heart desires!


Enjoy!

Bea :)













































































































1 comment:

  1. you should see if you can make a gluten free one :P this is my fav post so far :)

    ReplyDelete